Hello there ✌️,
The Future Arts Network is excited to announce a new program coming this fall!
BIPOC Arts Leaders Lab is a free 6 month peer-mentorship / leadership program that seeks to provide training, mentorship, and skills exchange to support BIPOC arts leaders, directors, and community arts organizers in Vancouver.
This project is organized by Kristin Cheung, Winnie Tam, Michelle Ha and is funded by City of Vancouver Cultural Services – Cultural Learning Sharing Grant Program.
BIPOC Arts Leaders Lab aims to:
- Provide training and mentorship through workshop sessions
- Benefit wider arts community in Vancouver by providing free collaborative and safe learning environment for BIPOC arts leaders
- Benefit the organizations by creating networking opportunity with folks with shared values
- September 21, 2023 – A gentle landing
- October 26, 2023 – Intersectional and Justice Oriented Leadership
- November 2, 2023 – Power is Everywhere
- December 7, 2023 – Reflections and Conversations
- January 11, 2024 – Exploring the systemic roots of burnout: it’s not your fault and there are things you can do about it
- February 1, 2024 – Finding Your Voice with Self-Empathy
- February 8, 2024 – Wrap up Session
Please note: we have made every effort to confirm the session dates but they may be subject to change. Session times are TBA, but will be announced in our newsletters and social medias, so please subscribe and/or follow for updates.
The deadline to apply is August 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM (PST).
Click here to apply!
We hope this excites you as much as it excites us! We’re looking forward to working with Winnie and creating this collaborative cohort of strong and amazing BIPOC arts leaders.